CADEngr2014
Message 1 of 2 (308 Views)
Accepted Solution

DRAPE IMAGE

308 Views, 1 Replies
01-20-2014 04:39 AM

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2013. 

I am trying to drape an image over a surface.  The workflow I used is a s follows:  I selected the sureface, on contectual tab selected Drape Image, and selected the image.  When I did an orbit, the image was still set below the surface, not draped at all.  What steps am I missing?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (303 Views)

Re: DRAPE IMAGE

01-20-2014 04:51 AM in reply to: CADEngr2014

Hi,

you can freeze the layer onto which the image is inserted (referenced). Civil creates a material that uses the image as texturemapping and when you use _ORBIT you should set the visual style to "realistic" and you should set the triangles to visible in the surface-style to see the material visualized on top of the surface.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs