Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAFT - WORK IN PROGRESS STATEMENT

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CADEngr2014
1098 Views, 6 Replies

DRAFT - WORK IN PROGRESS STATEMENT

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2014.

I find myself having to submit work due to emergency rush schedules that occur without notice or advance warning.  As a result, sometimes work is not being reviewed or polished as much as I would like.  So I am looking for a good "draft-work in progress, not finally reviewed yet" type of hold harmless statement if anyone has a suggestion, I am all ears.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: CADEngr2014

NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION
FOR REVIEW ONLY

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I have text on a layer (that is normally frozen) that says DRAFT - FOR DISCUSSION ONLY in red which is positioned over the drawing title at 45 degrees and at several other locations in paperspace

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 7
fcernst

...type of hold harmless statement ...

NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION

But, are you the signing PE? The signing PE is the one who will get deposed to testify about the plans if there is a lawsuit regarding the project.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 7

We have a dynamic block for Engineer's Seal which has a visibility state for review: (The names have been changed to protect the innocent)

THIS DOCUMENT IS RELEASED FOR THE PURPOSE OF INTERIM REVIEW UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF Design Engineer, P.E., PE#, ON ----. IT IS NOT TO BE USED FOR CONSTRUCTION, BIDDING, OR PERMIT PURPOSES.

When it comes time for the engineer to seal the drawings, we change the visibility state to his CAD seal.  After they're signed/printed, the plans are scanned into our network project folder.  The visibility state is then changed to an "Approved" type note.

This seal is xreffed into the drawing so all instances are updated when the visibility state is changed.  

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 7
HansSMS

I had an engineer that persisted putting the caveat "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION" on his plans, although building of the subdivision had already long started. Out of frustration I eventually wrote "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION" on all my survey stakes out in the field. When the site foreman quried this I referred him to the engineer's plans. The next day I was issued a new set of plans with "ISSUED FOR CONSTRUCTION" noted on them....

Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: HansSMS

I'm rolling on the floor. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report