CADEngr2014
Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)
Accepted Solution

DATA SHORTCUTS

175 Views, 3 Replies
01-07-2014 12:04 PM

Hello,

I am using C3d 2014.

Just copied two projects from server #1 to server #2 (different office locations).  Following the copy, files were renamed and some moved to different folders.  One project had broken data links as is expected, but allowed me to "repair broken links".  The other project remained connected to the server #1 location and have not been able to force C3D to "look" at the server #2 location.  In conclusion, had to re-do data shortcuts for second project.

Why does one project copy correctly to a new location and the other not?  Is there a workflow that is different I should be using?

Thanks in advance for any suggetions.

Mentor
david.zavislan
Message 2 of 4 (139 Views)

Re: DATA SHORTCUTS

01-08-2014 08:33 AM in reply to: CADEngr2014

Since the "other project remained connected to the server #1 location", Civil 3D was probably still able to locate the source drawings in their original location.  Temporarily rename the source project folder to break the references.  Then, when the copied files are opened, Civil 3D should prompt you to fix broken references.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

01-08-2014 09:11 AM in reply to: CADEngr2014

Is there a workflow that is different I should be using?

Have you tried the Data Shortcuts Editor?  It is run independently of C3D, but should be installed with it.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Distinguished Contributor
CADEngr2014
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

01-08-2014 10:25 AM in reply to: troma

Yes, the data shortcut editor I have tried.  But because do not seem to get consistent results, am reluctant to use.  It may be I have not found a good white paper that describes expected workflows. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs