Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA SHORTCUTS

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CADEngr2014
543 Views, 3 Replies

DATA SHORTCUTS

Hello,

I am using C3d 2014.

Just copied two projects from server #1 to server #2 (different office locations).  Following the copy, files were renamed and some moved to different folders.  One project had broken data links as is expected, but allowed me to "repair broken links".  The other project remained connected to the server #1 location and have not been able to force C3D to "look" at the server #2 location.  In conclusion, had to re-do data shortcuts for second project.

Why does one project copy correctly to a new location and the other not?  Is there a workflow that is different I should be using?

Thanks in advance for any suggetions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Since the "other project remained connected to the server #1 location", Civil 3D was probably still able to locate the source drawings in their original location.  Temporarily rename the source project folder to break the references.  Then, when the copied files are opened, Civil 3D should prompt you to fix broken references.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
troma
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Is there a workflow that is different I should be using?

Have you tried the Data Shortcuts Editor?  It is run independently of C3D, but should be installed with it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 4
CADEngr2014
in reply to: troma

Yes, the data shortcut editor I have tried.  But because do not seem to get consistent results, am reluctant to use.  It may be I have not found a good white paper that describes expected workflows. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report