Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut and Fill Labelling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
skiss79
824 Views, 5 Replies

Cut and Fill Labelling

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Much appreciated.

I have a small site where i've essentially designed a storage pond. I've cut 3.0m off the original ground at a 2:1 slope and built a berm at a 2:1 fill slope to a designed elevation. I've managed to balance the site to zero. The contour drawing I have shows elevations - which is great - however the client has asked to see the contours showing a Fill or Cut label from the orginal ground.

Anybody out there know how to do this? I know I used to be able to do it in Eagle Point... but that was a looonnnnggg time ago.

Cheers in advance.

SK.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: skiss79

Create a volume surface and display style to show contours at the desired interval. You can create a contour analysis to show cut contour one color and fill another. Explore the analysis tab on the surface properties.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
mlacoste

I just did this with a bunch of different sites. Shoot me an e-mail if you want a step-by-step process.

Brg,

Mark LaCoste | CADD Manager-Senior Civil Designer | Golder Associates Inc.   
1000 Enterprise Way, Suite 190, Roseville, California, USA 95678               
mlacoste@golder.com | www.golder.com            

Work Safe, Home Safe 

Message 4 of 6
Grimes_MG
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Boy Joe, your reply post is really unhelpful; "explore the analysis tab"... Could you be any more vague? When someone posts a help request, it doesn't help them by saying to go figure it out yourself, which is essentially what you've replied with.

If you're posting just to get your numbers up, then you're doing a great job. If you're trying to help, a post like that doesn't. Next time try to provide a bit of detail and step-by-step instructions to someone asking for help, and keep in mind, s/he isn't asking for your help directly so if you don't have the time to reply with the appropriate amount of information, then don't.

Don't be "one of those people".

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 5 of 6
peterfunkautodesk

The first line of Joe's post told you how to do it: make a volume surface and then change its display style to show the contours. You can label those contours or add spot elevations just like any other Civil 3D surface.

The rest of that line suggest that you explore the analysis for other things that you might want to do to dispaly the cut and fill. There are so many different ways to show that: colored contours (analysis tab), elevation shading (analysis tab), grids of labels to name a few.

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
d1of2
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I even created a spot elevation style to show different color for cut and fill.

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report