Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customised Subassembly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
fraseromalley
567 Views, 8 Replies

Customised Subassembly

Hello,

It was suggested I move the post below to the general users forum - no response to date but someone must have a solution!

I'd like to create/use a subassembly as described in the Road Rehabilitation & Reconstruction Using AUTOCAD Covol 3D White Paper under Example 5: Driveway Curb Cuts. Would this to hard to do in Subassembly Composer as I haven't used before? I'm now running 2014 but still have 2013 Civil3D/Composer. I'm let to find how to install 2014 version of Subassembly Composer. I read it's an add-on that needs to be selected at the install stage, however it doesn't appear as a selectable option?

Thanks in advance

Fraser

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
doni49
in reply to: fraseromalley

Can you provide a link to this whitepaper?  If anyone here is going to help you, they'll need you to tell them what it is you're trying to do OR they'll have to read (or at least skim) this whitepaper.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 9
doni49
in reply to: doni49

As to the question of installing SAC 2014:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Subassembly-Composer-2014/td-p/4303309

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 9
sboon
in reply to: doni49

I believe this link is the whitepaper in question.  It seems to be referring to a sample dataset that would be used when working through the examples but there is no indication of where to find it.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 9
fraseromalley
in reply to: sboon

Hi,

Yes that is the correct link.

Please see attachment below. It other words I want a full height kerb & channel along the road but at property accesses I'd link to model a cutdown kerb & channel.

Any ideas, someone already done this?

Thanks

Fraser

Message 6 of 9
sboon

Just to clarify - do you want a single subassembly like the one in the link, that makes a decision based on the presence of the target object and then builds either the curb or driveway, or do you want an assembly that uses multiple stock subassemblies to achieve the same result?

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 9
fraseromalley
in reply to: sboon

Hi,

One is the ideal hence the need to understand/use Subassembly Composer however at worst I methodology to do with multiple assemblies would be my Plan B.

Thanks

Fraser

Message 8 of 9

Nobody up for the challenge???

Message 9 of 9
sboon

It's been done a few times on this forum but I can't find one of the old threads at the moment.  I created a simple version using ConditionalHorizontal subs to determine what to do at the edge of the roadway.  If the assembly does not find a featureline at the corridor section it will build a standard curb, sidewalk and daylight.  If it does find one of the featurelines then it builds a reduced height curb, a thickened sidewalk to allow vehicles across and a driveway.  The same featureline is used to control the length of the driveway and the elevation at the far end.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report