Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom subassembly offset target

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
liub
8928 Views, 9 Replies

Custom subassembly offset target

hi, I created a custom assembly that has an offset target.  Is it possible to program my subassembly to target only on the side of my subassembly (and not criss-cross onto itself it the target is on the other side)?

Thanks,

Brian

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
liub
in reply to: liub

I guess this is not possible?

Message 3 of 10
peterfunkautodesk

You could use the API to check the offset(x) of the 0 point and the offset of the offset point and make sure the offset point is going the correct direction.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 10

To do this without adding an auxiliary point you could add a decision to test: (TargetParameter1.offset<0)XOR(Side=RIGHT) The true means the target is on the correct side (so have the points target) and the false means the target is not on the correct side (so don't use target). 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 5 of 10
liub
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thanks Peter and Kati.
Message 6 of 10
liub

I have another issue. The decision test works, but I still want to use the offset target on the correct side (my offset target exists on both sides). How do I cycle to the correct target?
Message 7 of 10
KMercier_C3D

So you have more than one target parameter? You should be able to make decisions that test what side the subassembly is being used for and whether the offset of any target parameter is left or right (<0 or >0).

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 8 of 10
liub
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

No, I have one target parameter, but my targets exists on both sides (target by layer).
Message 9 of 10
peterfunkautodesk

Civil 3D is only set up to return a single target to the subassembly. It will either return the nearest or farthest target found at the station. There is a switch when you set the target to set which one. The distance is measured from the alignment.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
liub
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Thanks Peter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report