Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom pipe properties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
732 Views, 2 Replies

Custom pipe properties

I have edited the aeccsharedpropertylists.xml & aeccpartparamcfg.xml to include:

1-custom list of pipe materials

2-status property (Ex., Design, Asbuilt, "Blank")

3-PlusMinus ("Blank" or +/- sign)

These are Pipe properties that I need to show up in the label components.  The added properties show up as components in the pipe labels styles but not in the structure labels styles.

How can I get the added custom properties to be added as components in the structure labels.

Thanks-

John

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John-

Pipes and structure have their own separate AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml to edit, so if you need additional materials for your structures you will need to edit this as well.

If the optional properties are not populating for some of your parts, you will need to go back into Part Builder and add them to your specific parts.

Please see this blog post for more information: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/assigning-optional-properties-to-a-part-size.html

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: SethHall

I'm not sure if you understand exactly what I am trying to do. I want to add properties to the pipes but have them show up in the structures labels components (structures connected pipes). Just like how the connected pipe name, invert or material are components in the structure label. I can't really add them to structure properties because they need to be associated with the pipe. Is there something in the structures xml file that can be added that list connected pipe properties? I hope this helps. Thanks -John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report