AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Active Contributor
erwebsite
Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)

Custom pipe properties

335 Views, 2 Replies
09-28-2011 10:09 AM

I have edited the aeccsharedpropertylists.xml & aeccpartparamcfg.xml to include:

1-custom list of pipe materials

2-status property (Ex., Design, Asbuilt, "Blank")

3-PlusMinus ("Blank" or +/- sign)

These are Pipe properties that I need to show up in the label components.  The added properties show up as components in the pipe labels styles but not in the structure labels styles.

How can I get the added custom properties to be added as components in the structure labels.

Thanks-

John

Civil 3D 2014
Win 7
Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: Custom pipe properties

09-28-2011 12:22 PM in reply to: erwebsite

Hi John-

Pipes and structure have their own separate AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml to edit, so if you need additional materials for your structures you will need to edit this as well.

If the optional properties are not populating for some of your parts, you will need to go back into Part Builder and add them to your specific parts.

Please see this blog post for more information: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/assigning-optional-properties-to-a-part-size.html

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Active Contributor
erwebsite
Message 3 of 3 (318 Views)

Re: Custom pipe properties

09-28-2011 12:32 PM in reply to: SethHall
I'm not sure if you understand exactly what I am trying to do. I want to add properties to the pipes but have them show up in the structures labels components (structures connected pipes). Just like how the connected pipe name, invert or material are components in the structure label. I can't really add them to structure properties because they need to be associated with the pipe. Is there something in the structures xml file that can be added that list connected pipe properties? I hope this helps. Thanks -John
Civil 3D 2014
Win 7

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs