Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom SAC shape not following elevation target

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
garrett_wynne
211 Views, 3 Replies

Custom SAC shape not following elevation target

Basically, I am looking to get L12 (see attached) to follow a profile to transition from -6:1 to -25:1, but am not getting good results yet.  All shapes need to stay in tact for quantities, and I will daylight from the SG HP out using the same slope as L12.

I have been reading articles from a couple of great sources, Matt Kolberg and Steve Boon's "Transition a Corridor Daylight Slope", but no luck.  Peter Funk has a tranistion tool that looks amazing, but I have no clue what it is when I start to disect it.

Any suggestions are helpful, and appreciate everyone's time.  My background is 4 solid months of using C3D for large corridors and sites, but I'm still green.  Hoping to avoid going back to my old software (which I could knock out in a couple of minutes), and sticking and learning with C3D.

Thanks,

Garrett

Forum, will not allow me to post pkt file.  I have tried to zip the originial file...also tried renaming pkt to a zip.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Nothing was attached, so I can't answer your specific question. 

There is a taper width example in the Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 book, Chapter 9, page 420-424 which isn't exactly the same as what you are looking for but may help you see how to change a value based on where you are in a region by using a API Function in Subassembly Composer. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4

Thanks Kati,  I have that book and will check that out.

As far as uploading my file, I get an error message, "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type."

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: garrett_wynne

Try putting your file IN a zip file instead of renaming it (you're right, that's how we usually do it though).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report