Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Line type with a grading

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bbostic
467 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Line type with a grading

I have a few custom linetypes created for the cut and fill daylight boundary on a grading and corridor. I have it set up to put these lines on different layers than the rest of the grading. I can turn the rest of the grading off and just have my surface created from the grading and these daylight lines on that are linked to the grading. Everything looks good when I go to paperspace to print, except when I actually print the daylight lines do not. They appear in paperspace but not on an actual hard copy. I do not need the grading, I have tried extracting the lines and deleting the grading. This presents another problem. When I extract the lines the come in as a solid line and I cannot get my custom linetype to show despite changing LT scale, etc. How can I make these lines appear in the fashion I want them to.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: bbostic

If they appear in the layout, but not in plot preview, check for no-plot layers.

You have  to check the layer set in the style and the layer that the object is actually on.

Now you have extracted the lines, I imagine they are 3D polylines.  Try converting them to 2D polylines, and then also check the linetype generation setting.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
gccdaemon
in reply to: bbostic

I would say to check the NO PLOT option on the layers, and for the linetype problem, check the linetype generation on the polylines.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report