Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved label for curved feature line

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
troma
307 Views, 2 Replies

Curved label for curved feature line

Has anyone managed to create a flow arrow label for a feature line that parallels the curve?

I've a vague notion that this could be done with a dynamic block and a few fancy expressions.  I'm comfortable with expressions, but I've never used dynamic blocks at all, so I wouldn't know where to start.

To be clear, I know curved text is possible, but I'm looking for a curved line (ie an arc) that would look 'parallel' to the arc of the feature line (ie have the same centre point).  This would have to be dynamic to allow for different radii and for flipping to the left and right side of the feature line.

Thanks for your input!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: troma

I honestly can't think of anything. Dynamic blocks lose their dynamic ability within C3D label styles so I don't think that would work for you.

Perhaps something like this:

--------------->

Best I can come up with for now.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
troma
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks Brian, didn't know that.  I did try something like that with the 'curved text' option, but it doesn't look great.  (The characters don't curve, just the gaps between them do.)

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report