Valued Contributor
Umit.Arslan
Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)
Accepted Solution

Curve+Curve+Spiral

175 Views, 2 Replies
02-03-2014 12:37 AM

Hi

How can i add a "curve+curve+spiral" to the PI point "S1"?

Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2014 x64
Windows 7 64-bit
16GB RAM
Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: Curve+Curve+Spiral

02-03-2014 06:45 AM in reply to: Umit.Arslan

I would break up the alignment so I could use adding curves from end of entity (starting at S1) and go from there. Others might have better suggestions.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
Intel i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2012 SP2
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Curve+Curve+Spiral

02-03-2014 08:58 PM in reply to: ericcollins6932

Start by breaking apart the PI, then you can add the pieces you need to connect the tangents.  It depends on what parts of the curve-curve-spiral are constrained and which are not.  I've attached a drawing with several possible combinations.

• The first alignment has a floating curve with a specified radius attached to the incoming tangent, a second floating curve attached to that and a free spiral connecting to the outgoing tangent.
  • The second alignment has a floating curve-spiral with specified radius and spiral length attached to the outgoing tangent and then a free curve between that and the incoming tangent.
  • The third alignment has a curve with fixed centerpoint and radius in the middle, then a free curve connecting from the incoming tangent to it, and a free spiral connecting to the outgoing tangent.

There are probably more possibilities - choose the elements that work for your situation.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs