Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb return targeting changes slopes on crowned road

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
w10896
353 Views, 2 Replies

Curb return targeting changes slopes on crowned road

I have a Corridor with crowned CL that is 2% - this 2% has to carry through intersections at side roads.  Everything is fine until I target the curb returns to the edge of the 2% lane that passes through the intersection.  I have placed slope labels through this area - the slope changes from 2%  to whatever once the elevation targets are applied to the curb return region.  I have alignments and profiles made (tried creating from corridor lines and from surface with the same result).   Could it be the sub assemblies - the CL assembly has a laneoutsidesuper at 2%, then the curb return assembly has a curb and a laneoutsidesuper that targets an alignment and profile that was made from the 1st assembly.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: w10896

Your workflow sounds correct as described but we need to see more information to diagnose what is wrong.  Can you post the drawing here?  If not then try a quick profile across the intersection and post a screenshot of that.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
w10896
in reply to: w10896

Found a work around - originally I created a profile from corridor and was targeting that profile - it didn't like it and the rebuild shield would not go away after rebuild.  Created a new profile by tracing over the corridor profile and targeted this new profile, this seemed to work.

Not sure if this is the best work around since I now loose the dynamic link between the CL profile and the offset profile that was there when the corridor profile was used.  Not real sure what the best strategy is for this scenario.

I would have responded sooner but just got back to this project.

Thanks for responding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report