Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb drop in corridor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
twagner21
551 Views, 4 Replies

Curb drop in corridor

I have a corridor with multipule intersections. I modeled the primary road straight through the intersections. Created ETW alignments and profiles to target in the intersections. Most intersections did not require this but one complex one did. All other quadrents in this intersection worked out except for this one (see attached). In this intersection the primary road alignment leaves the centerline of the road and transitions to a lane. I can't seem to figure out what this one quadrant is trying to target?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: twagner21

It looks right horizontally but the elevations look wrong.  Is it possible that the target profile doesn't exist at this station range?  Can you post the drawing?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza

I have had fairly good success making the returns as there own corridor and target the ETW Feature line; no need for the extra alignment profile overhead. Then make a Final surface FG with pasted corridor surfaces.

Then If I ever get the intersection wizrard down ....

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 5
twagner21

The target profile has to exist because the primary road and fillets are targetting the same alignment. I have no problem using the wizard. It seems a lot of people don't like it though. I use null regions for everything except my fillets. I had to target the ETW for the primary road in this intersection also because of the baseline transition. So if the primary road and fillets are targetting the same thing why would there be this drop. This makes me think its something with the assembly. But the other 3 quads worked out fine?!

I will see about posting the dwg.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
twagner21

Ok I figured it out...finally! Somewhere along the way when trying to solve other problems I must have changed the slope parameters for that edge profile. I just needed to change the lane slope back to the ETW profile in the intersection properties.

Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report