Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curb and Gutter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
765 Views, 6 Replies

Curb and Gutter

Hello all, Is there a way to modify one of the curb and gutter sub assemblies from a catch curb to a spill curb. I tried changing the depth from lip to flow line to a negative number but that didn't work. Anyone know of a way to do this? Brian
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Brian; Region-Speak are us. You're talking about a Gutter Pan that drains into the street, like on the high side of a superelevation, right? If so, why not use just Curb, with no Gutter Pan attached? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41911ab3$1_1@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > Is there a way to modify one of the curb and gutter sub assemblies from a > catch curb to a spill curb. I tried changing the depth from lip to flow > line to a negative number but that didn't work. Anyone know of a way to > do this? > > Brian >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

For basic capabilities the "BasicCurbAndGutter" subassembly has a -6% slope in the gutter by default. This value can be made a positive to create a spill gutter. This subassembly does not contain subbases. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41911cbb$1_2@newsprd01... > Hey Brian; > > Region-Speak are us. > > You're talking about a Gutter Pan that drains into the street, like on the > high side of a superelevation, right? > > If so, why not use just Curb, with no Gutter Pan attached? > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41911ab3$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hello all, > > > > Is there a way to modify one of the curb and gutter sub assemblies from a > > catch curb to a spill curb. I tried changing the depth from lip to flow > > line to a negative number but that didn't work. Anyone know of a way to > > do this? > > > > Brian > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Angel's suggestion works good if you want to make the spill type gutter on normal crowns. However, if you want to have this spill type gutters only on the highside of the superelevated sections (and catch type at normal crown) do following: In the assembly properties goto Construction tab, and in the right side pane select the BasicCurbAndGutter (or whichever C&G you used) subassembly. You will see list of parameters on the top right side portion of the dialog. Scroll down to Gutter%Slope value name and SELECT the check box under USE column.This enables "Get Value From" cell and click on it to see a combo list drop down. This combo list presents the parameters for the previously added subassemblies in this group (for instance in my case I added BasicLane before BasicC&G). Select the cross slope of your pavement top course ( like Basic Lane.Slope). What this approach does is - your gutter slope will always match to the pavement crossslope; hence in the normal crown it is like a catch curb; on the high side of superelevation it will be like a spill type. If you have a shoulder before C&G you can follow shoulder cross slope or any other combination! Hope this helps Chakri "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:4191213c$1_3@newsprd01... > For basic capabilities the "BasicCurbAndGutter" subassembly has a -6% > slope in the gutter by default. This value can be made a positive to create > a spill gutter. This subassembly does not contain subbases. > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:41911cbb$1_2@newsprd01... > > Hey Brian; > > > > Region-Speak are us. > > > > You're talking about a Gutter Pan that drains into the street, like on the > > high side of a superelevation, right? > > > > If so, why not use just Curb, with no Gutter Pan attached? > > > > -- > > Don Reichle > > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > > "King of Work-Arounds" > > LDT & CD 2004 > > C3D 2004 SP1 > > On HP Pavilion a367c > > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > > XP PRO - SP2 > > > > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > > news:41911ab3$1_1@newsprd01... > > > Hello all, > > > > > > Is there a way to modify one of the curb and gutter sub assemblies from > a > > > catch curb to a spill curb. I tried changing the depth from lip to flow > > > line to a negative number but that didn't work. Anyone know of a way to > > > do this? > > > > > > Brian > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Don, I hadn't thought of that before but, it doesn't match the details we have here. Basically, what I need is a curb and gutter section that has a slope out from the flowline to the roadway instead of in to the flow line. What I'm trying to model is the interior islands of a cul-de-sac. I've tried using the "BasicCurbAndGutter" sub assembly as Angel suggested but it isn't flexible enough to recreate the section in the City's details. Brian "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:41911cbb$1_2@newsprd01... > Hey Brian; > > Region-Speak are us. > > You're talking about a Gutter Pan that drains into the street, like on the > high side of a superelevation, right? > > If so, why not use just Curb, with no Gutter Pan attached? > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41911ab3$1_1@newsprd01... >> Hello all, >> >> Is there a way to modify one of the curb and gutter sub assemblies from a >> catch curb to a spill curb. I tried changing the depth from lip to flow >> line to a negative number but that didn't work. Anyone know of a way to >> do this? >> >> Brian >> > >
Message 6 of 7
deric

I came to this site searching for the same answer. Unfortunately nobody has appeared to be able to give you a simple solution. What I've done is utilize the curb and gutter and sidewalk together to create a spill curb.

First, insert your basic curb & gutter, then modify it to have 'no pan' by making the pan length insignificant, such as 0.00001. Then connect a sidewalk to the edge of the insignificant pan and set the sidewalk width to 12" and the slope to 4.17% (or whatever your parameters are).

This seemed to work as a quick fix.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Deric, I'll look into that the next time it comes up. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Deric" wrote in message news:10433554.1107208262667.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I came to this site searching for the same answer. Unfortunately nobody >has appeared to be able to give you a simple solution. What I've done is >utilize the curb and gutter and sidewalk together to create a spill curb. > > First, insert your basic curb & gutter, then modify it to have 'no pan' by > making the pan length insignificant, such as 0.00001. Then connect a > sidewalk to the edge of the insignificant pan and set the sidewalk width > to 12" and the slope to 4.17% (or whatever your parameters are). > > This seemed to work as a quick fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report