Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cul-de-sac.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
436 Views, 8 Replies

Cul-de-sac.

I watched the cul-de-sac placewhere and I seem to missing some functionality shown. Specifically the ability to link a transition lane to an alignment and profile via corridor properties>logical name>no width shown as the placewhere shows? Any ideas? Thanks, Tyler Townes, P.E.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Tyler; During the demo didn't Dan and Chakri say that would be part of Service Pack 1? Or 2006? [time passes during research on said Webcast] It's part of the Service Pack. So make sure that you have it installed. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3/CD3 IntelP4-2.4 1GB RAM Intel 64MB "Tyler" wrote in message news:4255b1e1$1_2@newsprd01... >I watched the cul-de-sac placewhere and I seem to missing some >functionality shown. Specifically the ability to link a transition lane to >an alignment and profile via corridor properties>logical name>no width >shown as the placewhere shows? Any ideas? > > Thanks, > > Tyler Townes, P.E. >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

I've got SP1 installed, is there another? Also, they never got around to talking about sections in cul-de-sacs. I'm now trying to cut a section through here, but it is only showing one side the othe cul-de-sac. Thanks! "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:4255b596_1@newsprd01... > Hey Tyler; > > During the demo didn't Dan and Chakri say that would be part of Service > Pack 1? Or 2006? > > [time passes during research on said Webcast] > It's part of the Service Pack. So make sure that you have it installed. > > -- > Don Reichle > "King Of Work-Arounds" > LDT3/CD3 > IntelP4-2.4 > 1GB RAM > Intel 64MB > > > "Tyler" wrote in message > news:4255b1e1$1_2@newsprd01... >>I watched the cul-de-sac placewhere and I seem to missing some >>functionality shown. Specifically the ability to link a transition lane >>to an alignment and profile via corridor properties>logical name>no width >>shown as the placewhere shows? Any ideas? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Tyler Townes, P.E. >> > >
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Tyler, which subassembly were using to repeat the exrcize? Subassemblies used in most of the webcasts are BasicLaneTransition, which you should have in R2005! -- Chakri Gavini Product Designer Autodesk Inc ---------------------------- "Tyler" wrote in message news:4255b1e1$1_2@newsprd01... >I watched the cul-de-sac placewhere and I seem to missing some >functionality shown. Specifically the ability to link a transition lane to >an alignment and profile via corridor properties>logical name>no width >shown as the placewhere shows? Any ideas? > > Thanks, > > Tyler Townes, P.E. >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, I am using BasicLaneTransition. Tyler,
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I found LaneOutsideSuper to have widths availble. Is BasicLaneTransition supposed to have width available? They are not there for me. Also, offsets are not showing up in the corridor properties tree diagram. I tried refresh. Any ideas. The assembly in question does have an offset. Thanks, Tyler c3d 2005 sp1
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Regarding the offsets: They finally showed up after a few refreshed, audits, purges, regens, and reopens. Not sure why they don't show up right away, but they are there now. Still curious if BasicLaneTransition should have width option available? (corridor properties>logical name>width). If not, what would be the best way to transition maintaining Crown/cross Grade in a road widening. Thanks, Tyler Townes, P.E. "Tyler" wrote in message news:4255d606_2@newsprd01... >I found LaneOutsideSuper to have widths availble. Is BasicLaneTransition >supposed to have width available? They are not there for me. > > Also, offsets are not showing up in the corridor properties tree diagram. > I tried refresh. Any ideas. The assembly in question does have an > offset. > > Thanks, > > Tyler > c3d 2005 sp1 >
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Tyler, BasicLaneTransition subassembly has TargetHA and TargetVA logical names (you may notice the same inits help file). If you associate (left) TragetHA to left offset alignment and so on - you can notice the tranistion happen. Also this subassembly has a property called "Transition" . This property values are similar to LDT/Civil Design - and please set the values to "hold elevation, change offset" etc. For more information how to use this subassembly, please see tutorial titled "Creating an Assembly with a Transition Lane" and Corridor-2a.dwg Thanks -- Chakri Gavini Product Designer Autodesk Inc ---------------------------- "Tyler" wrote in message news:4255c460$1_3@newsprd01... > Yes, I am using BasicLaneTransition. > > Tyler, > >
Message 9 of 9
harrieterckenbrack8788

I have a question on how to create a cul-de-sac from the opposite side - meaning I am starting my alignment from the (what I call) the end of the cul-de-sac and then going though the cul-de-sac into the road.  Is there anything on your site that will explain how to do that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report