Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section points lable Northing Eastin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kiyabole
547 Views, 5 Replies

Cross section points lable Northing Eastin

can i lable a point in section view with its northing and easting? i can only lable offset and elevation for thr points.

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: kiyabole

You need to add referance text to the label.

The only item which will give an easting and northing is a Cogo Point.

Place them in MS over the section line where you want them and project them to the veiw.

Add the label with CogoPoint Referanced text  add text for Easting & northing then select the cogo point for the label. can also annotate the Point name on the view using this method.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 6
kiyabole
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

i understand that only cogo points can do that. What do u mean by MS? and wt if the project is large and i want the northing easting of all benches?

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 4 of 6
MikeEvansUK

MS = Model space.

If the project is large it just means a lot of work. You can project object using the section view group lines in plan. Run project to section view then select the section line and then points.

Obvously you will only project those points close to the section and not all of them.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 6
kiyabole
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

But how can u project the ponts exactly at the benche point?

Kiya Chemeda
Civil 3D 2013
HP Pavilion dv6 cor i7
16GB RAM
windows 8
Message 6 of 6
wfberry

After following this post for a few days . . .  If you have a break in elevation showing up in a cross section,  can you not make it appear in the plan view also?  Label the point in the plan with "X, Y, Zs".

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report