Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section corridor/shape labels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
strah
477 Views, 5 Replies

Cross section corridor/shape labels

Hi,

is there a way to label Cut and Fill in square feet per section view (labels at the far right on the attached figure)? Also is there a way to label assembly's shape areas per section (marked in red on attached figure)?

Any info would help. thanks

Strah
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KansasCAD
in reply to: strah

Hello,
You might check out an article on "Civil3D.com" by Jason Hickey called Calculating Quantities from a corridor. It goes through the steps to get the quantities and then it all in the "style" that you create/alter to make them look the way you want. I have not finished the individual volumes yet but I think it is all in thae article. Good Luck,
Daryl
Message 3 of 6
strah

Actually calculating quantities was not my question, nor does this pose the problem. My question was about cross section labels.
The reason is simple, and beyond my comprehension, but it is not us who call the shots. Some authorities and clients, we work with, are not aware of what modern software can do, so they still think plane (2D), not volume. Consequently they want to see sections, areas on sections and then multiply those areas with distance between sections - to get the volumes and quantities, rather old-ish approach? Unfortunately this request from authorities is not quite that uncommon. We calculated volumes and quantities, and this is 2 minute task in Civil 3D, but we need to label it in manner depicted in figure attached.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I believe this feature was added in 2009

wrote in message news:5911136@discussion.autodesk.com...
Actually calculating quantities was not my question, nor does this pose the
problem. My question was about cross section labels.
The reason is simple, and beyond my comprehension, but it is not us who call
the shots. Some authorities and clients, we work with, are not aware of what
modern software can do, so they still think plane (2D), not volume.
Consequently they want to see sections, areas on sections and then multiply
those areas with distance between sections - to get the volumes and
quantities, rather old-ish approach? Unfortunately this request from
authorities is not quite that uncommon. We calculated volumes and
quantities, and this is 2 minute task in Civil 3D, but we need to label it
in manner depicted in figure attached.
Message 5 of 6
KansasCAD

That's what you have to do in order for you to put the labels on the cross sections. I have attached a sample of what ours looks like. I am in the same boat with our DOT. They want it to look "like it always has". The final label "style" I came up with has basically everything turned off except for the cut-fill itself. You then tell it where it is located when you place your sections views.

Daryl
Message 6 of 6
strah

can you save me some time and effort and post your drawing or dwt template with styles instead of screenshots? thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report