Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-section Band Style

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
PatrickManson
5654 Views, 10 Replies

Cross-section Band Style

How would I go about creating a cross-section band style in C3D 2012 like the one attached?

Thanks, Patrick

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: PatrickManson

For starters I would think that using the proper template file(.dwt) to start your drawing.  If this seem foreign, then I highly recommend you run through the installed Tutorials for Civil 3D.

Bill

Message 3 of 11
PatrickManson
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill, that isnt really my question. We have a good template already, but how do you get a band style to label specific parts of a corridor in the cross-section in a band as opposed to a label directly on the section?

Message 4 of 11
wfberry

We do not do anything similar in my locale.

Looking at your example reminds me of Australia or NZ which I thought AutoDESK had country kits for those.  If not, you need to compose your own  Band type Style(s).  A little training may be in order.  

Hopefully someone will hop in here with better info.

Bill

Message 5 of 11
Jeff_M

Yes, you can achieve this in C3D using bands. At least based on what it looks like your image is labeling.

7-12-2012 2-05-40 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 11
PatrickManson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff, looks about what i want - any tips on what the band settings are?

Message 7 of 11
Jeff_M

Create a band style set to display only grade breaks and borders. Get this to look how you want, then copy it 3 times. Edit each one to display the desired data for the grade breaks. 

For the datum, I used the left axis title for the section view, not a band.

I can send the drawing I created these in if you want. It is one of the Section tutorial drawings (2012). Shoot me a Private Message with email address if so.

EESignature
Message 8 of 11
Jeff_M

Over the past few years I've had a number of requests to send the sample drawing to them with the band styles shown. So to make this easier for any future inquiries, I'm attaching it here.

EESignature
Message 9 of 11
walid_ateya

can you convert this to meter because when i open it in civil3d it coming problem
Message 10 of 11
tcorey
in reply to: walid_ateya

Start your new drawing using Metric setup. Insert Jeff's drawing using _INSERT command or drag-n-drop it onto the drawing window. The geometry needs to be scaled, but all his styles are there for your use.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 11 of 11
walid_ateya
in reply to: tcorey

Coming also not good .. I need only data band but by meter unit 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report