Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Sections All Laying on Top of One Another

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wings1080
404 Views, 6 Replies

Cross Sections All Laying on Top of One Another

had my cross sections ready to go all day, had to add points to my surface layer is all i did, now when i cut the sections they are all laying on top of one another, HELP!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wings1080
in reply to: wings1080

additional info, as I'm troubleshooting this i discover that if i run the sections and on section placement page of the "create multiple section views" dialog box I select draft instead of production it spaces the sections apart

i just want to copy those sections out of civil 3d into a regular autocad drawing and finalize my drawings but it won't let me ugh

Message 3 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: wings1080

When you select production it has you select a titleblock. The titleblock you select has a vp in it that has been told it is for sections. If the vp scale is not big enough to show the entire length of the sections they will come in on top of each other. Figure out which titleblock you have told it to use and adjust the scale up a notch and you should be fine.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 7
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

I highly reccommend this 2 week trial. It is free. My company did not purchase it, but i watched every video i could for two weeks. It includes how to set up profiles and cross sections. http://www.eaglepoint.com/products/pinnacleseries/pstrial.html

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 5 of 7
DaveM

there is a video that shows you how to cut cross sections that is about an hour long, and then there is an additional video that shows you what needs to be set up before you cut cross sections.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 6 of 7
DaveM

I am curious if you made your deadline?

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 7 of 7
wings1080

Thanks guys, I haven't even had time to review this but will next week, appreciate the help very much, working the weekend on a different project that is generating more hellish questions lol ... in terms of my deadline, no, hence working the weekend, had to punt and run quick profiles and explode them, pull them into regular CAD and edit them all day yesterday, good times

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report