Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Volume Display

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
790 Views, 9 Replies

Cross Section Volume Display

All,

I have been asked to place volumes on cross sections with a certain look, that I am not sure if it is possible. For know I am just going to use text, but I would like to come up with a solution for our template and work flow. Below is an attached copy of a markup I have received asking me to show this information on the cross section similar to how he has written it. At this point I only know how to create the tables of to the side. Is it possible to dynamically show this information quickly like shown below? I have a feeling the engineers I work with will not be happy at all with a table off to the side. I am currently using 2013

Thanks for any Ideas7-26-2013 12-33-38 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Dave,

Yes this can be done, There are 3 options which can be found on the Volume Tables Tab of the Section View Properties  (or in Sample Line Group Properties) relative to the "Position of table(s) relative to section view:

Section view anchor:

Table Anchor:

Table Layout:

And there's also X,Y offset settings for.

The related settings controlling positioning in section views can be set in the Command Settings for CreateMulitipleSectionView and CreateSectionView in your xsec dwt.

Settings Tab of Toolspace>Section View>Commands>CreateMulitipleSectionView>TableCreation>

xsec table.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

this is as close as I can come up with

7-26-2013 2-07-35 PM.png

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Lisa,

You should be able to shift the Table by setting the Y offset to zero, Section View Anchor to Bottom Center and the Table Anchor to Bottom Center.

Then an X value can be applied to shift Table upward if need be.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Jay_B

UMMM, that wasn't the intent, I just wanted to show the OP that the information requested was possible.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 6 of 10
Jay_B

Fair enough, I understood the intent to have the table Centered in the View (but I've been known to take things too literaly at times).Smiley Wink

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Jay_B

Overall, agreed. But that only works if your swath width is the same for both sides. However, I was not able to get the table split the way Dave wanted it. You can only add one Volume Table, even if you create different styles, one for cut and one for fill, then set them to be horizontal. Nope, can't do that, darn it. I messed with the columns and rows, this was the best result I could find.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Lisa, 

This will probably be close to what i am going to have to sell to the company. Although i am not sure how the response will be. I have already heard the phrase, " I don't care what your software can quickly produce, I want it to look like this." It it what it is. I am grateful for the example

Jay,

Thanks for showing me where some of these settings are, I will take a look monday when I get back to the office and see what I can come up with. If i have any breakthroughs I will be sure to post.

Message 9 of 10
BrianHailey

Sure thing, I did this in one of the tutorial drawings (so don't blame me for the horrid display of the styles).

If you want, you can download the drawing HERE so you can see what I did.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian,

That appears to be the way to fo it, I never thought of just leaving the titles blank. I really am grateful for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report