Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Questions

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rainmanoliver1
657 Views, 7 Replies

Cross Section Questions

Hello All,

I have just started creating cross sections for the first time. Seems to be going ok so far, but I do have a few questions.

1. I started with my existing surface, alignment and corridor surface. I created sample lines for the first few sections and created the first few sections as a test-run. All seemed to work well. So I deleted the few sections I made, created the rest of the sample lines and created all the sections. As you can see in the attached pdf the sections I created as a test (sta 1+00 - 12+50)  and deleted, are now created blank. Any ideas why? Also, is there a way to create Sample lines for at every 50' interval automatically? I had to enter every station and the offset width for each.

2. Also seen in the pdf are little circle markers at all corridor section intersections. Can I get rid of these? 

Thanks all for your help.

Rene

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

1. When you erased everything you should have only erased the profile views. Not the profiles. Undo if it's not too late. If it is you will need to resample the objects from the Point Group Propoerty dialog, Sections tab.

2. You need to edit or change the point styles in the corridor code set.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
mathewkol

I believe what john meant to say was "section views" and "sample line group".

When you want to delete sections, the best way is to delete them via the prospector, and delete the section view group. Every time you use the "Create multiple section views" tool you create a section view group.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 8
rainmanoliver1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks for the reply. makes sense. Can you please expand on how to " resample the objects from the Point Group Propoerty dialog, Sections tab"

I'm using C3D2012

Again, 

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
sboon

Find the sample line group in the Prospector tab of the Toolspace dialog - you may have to expand the alignment group to see it.  Right-click on it to open the Properties dialog.  On the Sections tab is a button for Sample more Sources.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes, yes, yes. Thanks Matt.

Just to add to Steve's post you can also right click on any sample line and get to the Point Group Properties. Just another way to get to the same place.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
rainmanoliver1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks All, very helpful.

The way I created my sample lines required me to type in the station of evry spot where I wanted a sample line. Is there an easier way? What if I need to add an additional sample line or remove one?

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
sboon

When you start creating sample lines the toolbar starts you off in rubber-band mode.  If you use the dropdown then you can switch to other modes.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report