Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Labels disappeared in publish to pdf process

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lissaucad
835 Views, 6 Replies

Cross Section Labels disappeared in publish to pdf process

For some reason the line component of my row marker label in my cross section disappears when I publish to pdf. The text component and the actual marker does not disappear, see attached pdf.
Has anyone else had this problem when publishing cross sections to pdf?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lissaucad

Have not had an issue. Check which layer is current when you are plotting
and make sure you don't have ANY layers tagged as no-plot. You know, the
typical checklist of things to look at...
Message 3 of 7
paulbaele5889

I have this same issue arise when trying to "publish" or use "page setup overrides" to print large quantities of sheets with plan & profiles containing utilities (such as pipes and structures). I have had to recently just plot to a known plotter, or indiviudually plot each sheet to deal with this issue. Right now I have troubleshooted this down to possibly being an issue with the memory in the pdf writer. Also check your styles(if generated with a 3d platform of autocad) for X-Sections to make sure that they are set to display and not just the layers
Message 4 of 7
lissaucad

What I ended up doing to once again see my ROW labels in my multisheet pdf cross section publishing was to go into the Options plot and publish tab and disable the publishing in background option. I unchecked both the plotting and publishing boxes. Once I changed that setting, everything published fine. The only problem is that I can't keep working, It takes about 15 minutes to pubish a multisheet pdf with 36 sheets of cross sections. It could be our wimpy xp 64-bit pc's. I should be greatful. We were slugging along with xp 32-bit pc's just a few months ago.
Message 5 of 7
el_nath

I've had issues with publishing to PDF before. Annotative multileaders would go berserk, among other issues.

Solutions: (it may not be what you want are looking for...)

1. DWF: Publishing to DWF I have found to be the best solution to intensive memory plotting. Once the DWF is created, plot to other printers. The DWF remains a record copy and is also for markups

2. PDF: If you absolutely need a PDF (client's request), use DWG to PDF for only those sheets you know will plot correctly, then use another PDF print driver for the problem sheets. Personally, I use PDF Tools, Bluebeam PDF as well as the Autocad internal DWG to PDF in order to plot. Merge your separate files together and voilá. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.
Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Do you have the CAD for Civil3D? If you do, you can plot your sheet set from there and still be working in Civil3D. That is what I used to do to plot and work at the same time. Did the same thing with Map or if I had AutoCAD while working with LDD. I had run into this problem also in LDD. I am running a Student Version of Civil3D 2010 at the moment so I don't know if they still include that with a paid subscription to the software because I currently don't have that option.
Message 7 of 7
kolk

Within the last few hours we just finished up plotting out a 200 page plan made up of several sites (several drawings) and the volume table ADN corridor portion of the cross sections disappeared. I run through this process before and not had any issues. Anyone have anby miracle fixes?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report