Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a proper surface from corridor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RalphBrown99
375 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a proper surface from corridor

Hi:

Coming back to after couple of years to Civil 3D world. A real simple question: I am trying to create a surface from a corridor properly. I tryed selecting the corridor open the Corridor Properties dialogue box and follow the instructions below:

Surface Tab

Click Create a Corridor Surface Buttom

Choose Links in Data Type context menu

Choose Daylight in Specify Code contex menu and press Plus buttom

Click check box in Add as a Breakline column

Click Apply and OK in the Corridor Properties dialogue box

After that, the surface is created but the details of the grades, gutter, curb and sidewalk are lost. How is possible to create the surface showing all the details? A hint: The sub assemblies of the corridor are based originally in polylines created by me.... it did work in version 2010, now is not working?

Please check the word document and let me know your comments

Thanks

Rafael

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

To create a finished grade surface, use the "top" link code name, instead of "daylight".

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: RalphBrown99

If the subassemblies were created from your polylines, it is likely you do not have the proper link codes assigned. I suggest you re-create the assembly using the built-in subassemblies like LaneInsideSuperAOR, UrbanCurbandGutter, UrbanSidewalk. Each of these will have links called Datum and Top. Use one of these link to create your surface.

Optionally, use SubAssembly Composer to create the subassemblies and hardcode the link codes. This would be an option for an intermediate to advanced user.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report