Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a conditional sub assembly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Baker_ADG
315 Views, 5 Replies

Creating a conditional sub assembly

So, I have a road and i have created an Assembly. it works the way i want... except.. I need a 2' wide ditch that the daylight edge is no more than 6' from the daylight. 

I have tried a conditional CutFill Sub assembly and a marker and link. I cannot get the section between my shoulder and ditch to "stretch" to keep my ditch and daylight 6' max. Please help. thank you. C3D 2013 SP2

Pics attached to help my explination 

Jon Baker | Land Development & Infrastructure Design Manager
Alignment Design Group | Denver | Colorado
Civil 3D 2021 | Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Baker_ADG

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I have a road and i have created an Assembly. it works the way i want... except.. I need a 2' wide ditch that the daylight edge is no more than 6' from the daylight. 

I have tried a conditional CutFill Sub assembly and a marker and link. I cannot get the section between my shoulder and ditch to "stretch" to keep my ditch and daylight 6' max. Please help. thank you. C3D 2013 SP2

Pics attached to help my explination 

You haven't provided enough info.  What is your fore and back slope?  Do these vary?  What will control the bottom of ditch elevation?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also -- you said "no more than 6ft".  That implies that this distance will vary as well.

So under what conditions will it vary and what will change?

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
Baker_ADG

fore and back slopes need to maitain 2:1 slope. 

the bottom edge of ditch will follow the daylight line at a constant 6' from daylight.  (sorry for confusion)

this will adjust the bottom of the ditch.

the cut or fill slope between the shoulder and ditch shall not be more than 2:1 but needs to vary in width.

Basically, I am trying to recreate a corridor from LWpolylines that were given to us. I've attached the LWPLs to this post.  

Thank you for your reply!! I am sorry i wasnt clear-er to begin with. 

Jon Baker | Land Development & Infrastructure Design Manager
Alignment Design Group | Denver | Colorado
Civil 3D 2021 | Windows 10
Message 5 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Baker_ADG

Ok.  So you still need one more dimension then. 

Given what you've provided, if you had a way to locate the daylight point, you could create a custom subassembly using SubAssembly Composer.  The custom SA would use the identified daylight point and work it's way back to the shoulder.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
doni49

One more thing:  for you to be able to do this with a corridor, you need to provide enough info that you would be able to do it by hand if you had to.  But based on the parameters you've given so far, that would entail picking a RANDOM point on a cross section and drawing it in.  C3D just will not be able to do that.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report