Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Finished surface 3d model?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
GreeneSWCD
398 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a Finished surface 3d model?

I have an existing ground surface and two more surfaces.  One of those surfaces is a fill and the other is a cut.  I'd like to see a 3d model of the finished surface.  I can see the fill just fine in the object viewer but the cut is under the existing surface, so all I see is my daylight line surrounding that cut. 

How do I get a 3D model in object viewer (or maybe something is better to use) that shows my final surface?

I guess the goal is to create a finished surface that combines all three.  So how do I do this?

This area is just a flat piece of ground that we are digging a pond in one end and taking that dirt to make a hill on the other end.  Pretty easy. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Without seeing a picture, Create a New Surface, Paste the EG into it and then Paste the cut and fill surfaces.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: Jay_B

How do I cut and paste surfaces?  I just can't right click on the surface name and get a copy command to come up.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

One way is to right click on the new surface name (on prospector of toolspace)>Select>This brings up the surface context ribbon>Modify Panel>Edit Surface>Paste>Select the surface to be pasted. You will do this 3 times to create the combined or finished surface.

And any changes to your EG will be reflected dynamically provided the surfaces are rebuilt following any changes.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes Sir! 

Thanks, that's going be very helpful in the future! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report