Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Station Offset Points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lowecad
687 Views, 3 Replies

Creating Station Offset Points

Got another one for the masterminds.

I am trying to export the points collected along an alignment. Unfortunately, the points are collected on a boat, so the alignment that was intended, could not be perfectly maintained. As a result we have 10,000+ points along an alignment, that go back and fourth along the alignment. We are trying to take the point data and add the station id to it, meaning if it is at station 1+50, it would be a point that is directly perpendicular from the alignment in a 20ft window on either side at station 1+50. These will be very frequent, sometimes less than a foot apart on the alignment, so we are just picking points on the alignment. In the end, we want to export the point data, with the station information added either onto the description, or created as a separate field, ie PNEZDS, S being station info. Otherwise, does anyone know where this value would be stored, in order to allow us to write a lisp to go an pull it?

Please let me know if this is not clear enough and I will try and give a better description.

Thanks in advance for all input.

Barrett

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: Lowecad

It's a moderately-complex Lisp routine.

It would be easier to go to Quux Software and download the Sincpac-C3D, then request the free 28-day trial.  That will let you use the StationPoints command to append the Station/Offset to the point descriptions, or you can use the Cogo Point Dynamic Links to add Station/Offset to User Defined Properties.

In fact, chances are very good that downloading the 28-day trial and using it for this task will save you enough time that you could buy the software, and still spend less than if you tried to write the Lisp yourself...  Smiley Wink

Sinc
Message 3 of 4
Lowecad
in reply to: Sinc

Thank you for the advice. We have C&G and some people at our company know how to make it work using that software, but we are trying to convince certain people to switch to C3D and want to use this as one more example of how useful the software is. I would love to be able to do it within the software if at all possible.

Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: Lowecad

With the product as it comes out of the box, the only way I know of to accomplish what you want is to use the "Station Offset to Points" Report in the Toolbox to dump the points to an Excel file, which will give you Pt No, Sta, Offset, Elevation, and Description for each point.  Then use Excel to reformat the descriptions the way you want them, and create a .TXT file from the result.  Now import the .TXT file using Create Points -> Alignment -> Import from file, overwriting the old points.

Like quite a few things in C3D, it's MUCH easier to do this task if you have the Sincpac-C3D installed...  Smiley Happy

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report