Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Slope

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
4179 Views, 11 Replies

Creating Slope

Does anyone know how to create slope using civil 3D?

Take a look at the picture; I want to make a slope after the building, which is from the cyan line. The location of the slope will be at the clouded area. I show a very simple example section on how slope looks like (see P1).

Is it possible to make it?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, there are a lot of people on this Discussion Group who know how to create slope .

I would ask your project manager what the governing criteria is, e.g. what is the location/height allowed at the bottom of the slope, what is the allowable offset from the building, what batter heights & slopes and bench intervals & widths are allowed.

From here, you can create slope pretty easy, using either corridors (which looks like it would work better in this situation) or gradings.

Another thing that you will likely need is an existing surface to target your cut slope daylight. Do you have one?

Nathan

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

That is great. Yes, I have the existing surface. I show you another picture for the criteria. Do tell me if I miss some information.

Message 4 of 12
mathewkol

To acheive that benched slope you should use a corridor because the grading criteria only create simple slopes.  Unfortunately this is a grading scenario, and gradings would generally be a better choice in these cases because you're going around tight corners in some cases, which cause problems when using corridors.  You can get around these problems, but it's just more for you to learn at that point.  There is a daylight subassembly called "DaylightBench" that should do the job.  If you have to ask how to create a corridor, you need to get some training or do the tutorials.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

Yup, when I use the corridor function. It could not create the slopes properly, errors messages popped up all the time.

In short, you recommend me to use ‘grading function’? where can I possibly do the tutorial to learn up?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Try here.

Or here.

Message 7 of 12
mathewkol

Actually, I said it was a grading scenario, I would rather use grading, but there are no stepped slopes within grading so corridors are basically the way to go, but you have to deal with the "bowties" manually.
Matt Kolberg
Message 8 of 12
neilyj666
in reply to: mathewkol

and how much fun is that.....???

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 9 of 12
mathewkol

Not much fun at all neil, not much at all. But what can you do, he needs the benched daylight?
Matt Kolberg
Message 10 of 12
neilyj666

Agreed that a corridor would do the job - probably need to wait for C3D 2020 for gradings to cope with benches etc....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

On second thought, gradings would do the job. It would just some trial and error to get it daylighting in the right places.

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Nath, I am now going through the tutorial that you gave me.

I try and see how it goes. Thank you all guys. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report