Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating P&P sheets

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
greenju17
559 Views, 4 Replies

Creating P&P sheets

I am creating P&P sheets for my road.  I created view frames, and when I got to create sheets, I pick "all layouts in new drawing".  I go to open the new drawing up, but all that shows up/tranfers is the profile and alignment, nothing else comes over ( proposed linework, existing linework, etc.)??????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
awood
in reply to: greenju17

That is because it's creating Data References for the Civil 3d Alignments and Profiles and it doesn't recognise the other Civil 3D elements or the basic AutoCAD elements.

You will have to XRef the Proposed/Existing linework into the P&P drawings.

HTH

AWood

Message 3 of 5
klugb

Does the drawing you created the view frames in have the xreferences as "Attach" or "Overlay"?

I believe they have to be "attached" to push down to your P&P sheets during creation.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 5
greenju17

ahh of course......I knew that haha

Thanks for the help

Message 5 of 5
greenju17

So....finally got back to working on the P&P sheets, created new ones and created a new drawing for them.  Opened up the new drawing and all that is in there is the new profile views and the alignment.  So I went to Xref and added my base drawing and nothing shows up??  I cant get anything in the drawing but the profile views and alignment??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report