Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Multiple Data References

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JeffPaulsen
948 Views, 2 Replies

Creating Multiple Data References

Is it possible to create more than one data reference at a time?

I have approximately 30 alignments with over 100 profiles in my profile design drawing. The interface to create the data shortcuts allows me to do so by selecting multiple alignments and profiles. This works well and is efficient. To create the data references I have to create the reference for each alignment and profile one at time. I estimate this will take at least 30 minutes.

I am using Civil 3D 2012.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

You could use the plan and profile creation tools. It allows you to data reference muliple objects from one drawing into the new drawing for your plan and profiles. Might get you what you want. That's the only routine that I know of that allows you to create multiple data references at a time. Unfortunately, it doesn't create data shortcuts so if something changes (file name, object name, etc.) there isn't a data shortcut available to edit.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
estaec
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

I agree, I am adding about 40-50 alignments and it is painfully slow.  Having a way to batch process this all in at once would be what you would expect to see.

Has anyone found a workaround to this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report