Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Grading to a Surface with a Slope

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MatTheDrafter
6282 Views, 2 Replies

Creating Grading to a Surface with a Slope

I am trying to create grading slope from a Feature line that was created at a constant elevation of 609m.  I want to create a slope of 3:1 from the feature line to a surface I created.  I recall in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 that you could create a slope directly to a surface.  Is there a way of doing that in 2014 or did I simply forget a step when I created my Grading Groups?

I created the grading group using the Grading Creation Tool Pallet and selecting Set Grading Group.  Then I set my target surface to the one I want to grade towards. I thought all I had to do than was go to Create Grading select the direction of grading and the slope.  I thought the slope would continue to the target surface but it asked for a distance for grade that would throw off any volumes I want to pull off.

Did I have to create a new surface for my Pad at 609m than grade from that and how would I make sure my slope continues till it contacting the surface I want to target?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: MatTheDrafter

Before you create the grading you need to select the Criteria from the dropdown list.  You might also need to pick a criteria set using the button to the left of the dropdown.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
MatTheDrafter
in reply to: sboon

It seems like the template I am working with did not have slope to surface as one of the criteria for grading.  I had to create a new style, which allowed grading with a slope to a surface. 

Thank you for point that out. 

It took me a while to play around with the setting to figure that out.  I may have to arrange a meeting with the CAD manager to revise the template a little.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report