Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Data Shortcuts Problem

50 REPLIES 50
SOLVED
Message 1 of 51
JBozz300
5603 Views, 50 Replies

Creating Data Shortcuts Problem

Morning everyone...

So I have this little issue that's bothered me now for a couple of weeks or so.  I have a design drawing with several alignments and profiles, and have created a corridor with a surface and all, and now have to create some plan-profiles.  So I created the view-frames, then the sheets and all looks good.  Now back in my design I create some new profiles by layout in existing profile views and want those new profiles to show up in the plan-profiles I created.  I save the drawing then goto my project in toolspace and right-click then select "Create Data Shortcuts" and it tells me that the drawing must be saved.  So I save it then repeat, and get the same thing.  So I save the drawing then close cad.  It ask me to save even though I don't do anything (i.e. run a command or zoom or pan).  I save, get out, then restart.  Open the drawing and the first thing I do is try to create the data shortcuts and it tells me to save the drawing first.  I save then retry and it says the same thing. ISAVEPERCENT is set to 0 for a full save.  I do have some apps loaded and running, but that will only affect when I first start the drawing and not later after doing work then saving.  I also have the latest service patch installed.  Any ideas?

JBozz300 Out!
C3D 2014 SP1
i7-3770 @ 3.40
16 GB - Win 7 Pro-64 SP1
NVidia Quadro 2000
50 REPLIES 50
Message 41 of 51
ashroads
in reply to: JBozz300

Thank you - this fixed my problem as well. 

Message 42 of 51

Thanks, Peter. Setting fieldeval to 0 before qsave allowed me to create data shortcuts from my drawing as well. My drawing had fields in mtext used to label the assemblies just as you stated.

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 43 of 51
Jeff_M
in reply to: C3D_TomR

There is a Hotfix available to correct this problem with C3D2012 SP2.1:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20311889&linkID=9240698

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 44 of 51
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: JBozz300

This hotfix is also required for creating cropped surfaces with C3D 2012 SP2.1.

I just got around to installing SP2.1 a few weeks ago but didn't install the hotfix since Autodesk has it listed below the service pack. I thought that list was supposed to be chronological and I thought service packs included all previous hotfixes.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 45 of 51
tmullins
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

Did Update 3 break this? Two different machines running 2012. One with Update 3 and the other still Update 2.1.

Opening the same exact file on both, I could create shortcuts on the 2.1 machine, but 3 could not. Kept telling me to save the file.

I reapplied the shortcut hotfix (just overwrote the AcFdEval.arx file that Update 3 must have overwrote) and I can now create shortcuts again on the Update 3 machine.

So it looks like Update 2.1 included the hotfix, then Update 3 that is not supposed to include any hotfixes broke it.

Anyone else notice this after applying Update3?

Message 46 of 51
Jeff_M
in reply to: tmullins

Yes, I just checked and have the same issue. The ARX file from the Hotix has the same Date & Time as that in the install folder, but the sizes are 100k+ different. Strange. After replacing that ARX file I am getting load errors for another file, saying it doesn't exist, yet it does. Scratch that, evidently I had copied the old ARX file into my Service Packs folder. Re-Unzipping the HF file and copying that one worked.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 47 of 51
yaodi
in reply to: ashroads

Intresting! I didn't have this problem in my environment.

Can you check the version number of Civil 3D  by using command "AecVersion"? Thanks

Message 48 of 51
C3D_TomR
in reply to: ashroads

The only DS creation issue I've seen was with a surface that had a boundary. I removed the boundary and I can create the DS just fine. That was pre-SP3 though.

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 49 of 51

i have an issue with one particular drawing with the DS file saving issue. i've purged , recovered, audited, hotfixed but it's still not letting me create new data shortcuts. i've already got data shortcuts that work fine, i just can't create any new ones. thoughts?

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 50 of 51
JACUser
in reply to: Jason.Hickey

I also have this issue, and all network permissions are right, running as admin on the start icon's advanced settings. Since I installed SP2 (2014) it has gotten much worse, and has started locking the file as if it were "read only" when I try to creat shortcuts. Then when I exit Civil3D, it deletes the file. When I rename the .bak file and open it, then I can finally create data shortcuts. It's a complex piece of software and there are bound to be bugs, but this one is pretty serious.

Message 51 of 51
lll3
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Thank you so much. I've been having the same problem in versions 2012, 2013 and 2014.

I exploded the mtext to remove the field and had no problems after that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report