Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created new alignment but no chainages

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dgc74
1593 Views, 7 Replies

Created new alignment but no chainages

I created a new alignment based on a survey topo. The first half of the alignment shows the sections/chainages but the second half does not. My alignment should be line, curve, line, line, curve, line, line, curve, line but when I check the design editor, it only shows the 5 elements. When I check the sub entity it appears some are not assigned numbers which have generated a warning symbol.

Why are the last 4 entities not recognized?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: dgc74

If those segments are indeed part of the alignment yet the chainage stops, they are not connected (ther's a gap), or one of the objects is drawn in the wrong direction.  Turn on the arrow component in the alignment style and you should see the arrows pointing all up-chainage.  if there is one that isn't, there's your problem.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8
Neilw_05

Aside from what Matt suggests, is it possible you drew those unlinked pieces with a different alignment set current? If so you won't be able to connect those pieces to your alignment. To verify, check the name of the alignment in the properties of the pieces.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 8
IVS2112

you please remember , this is a small idea , when ever you design the alignments on topos, you must use the polyline only , you never use the line command ....dontworry......:smileyhappy :

I.V.S GOPAL

Sr. Engineer

CAD Designs

Message 5 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: IVS2112

@IVS2112 wrote:

....when ever you design the alignments on topos, you must use the polyline only , you never use the line command 

Not true. You can create successful alignments from lines and arcs, I do it all the time.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 8
IVS2112
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thats the wrong way to create the chainge to alignments.

For example: If 1km length alignment( ie.,1000m) having chainage, the
alignment having some curves not a strightline, then how did you create the
chainage along the alignment at a time.If it is possible but taking long
time to create the chainage to alignment but small mistakes are coming.
ok thanking you sir,

with regards

IVS GOPAL
Message 7 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: IVS2112

IVS2112 wrote:
Thats the wrong way to create the chainge to alignments.

For example: If 1km length alignment( ie.,1000m) having chainage, the alignment having some curves not a strightline, then how did you create the chainage along the alignment at a time.If it is possible but taking long time to create the chainage to alignment

I am not sure what you mean by that, but the fact remains that you can create alignments from lines and arcs in Civil 3D, and there is nothing wrong with doing so.

.... but small mistakes are coming.

What are these "small mistakes"? Thanks.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 8
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: rkmcswain

In this case I think in not reading the manual before using the software.
I think that he is not using a label but manually adding this information.

IVS2112 NB:

Chainage (labels) are automatically created based on the start point of the alignment or selected zero marker.

You can upset the balance by adding user chainages and overriding the values forward or back wards.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report