Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create side ditch as part of assembly but with a different profile than roadway.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brianzimmerman
743 Views, 2 Replies

Create side ditch as part of assembly but with a different profile than roadway.

I am trying to create an assembly with a U channel (side ditch) that's top will follow the sidewalk it is next to but I need the profile of the U channel to be different than that of the roadway. Is there a way to create a custom subassembly part that will do this? Can I create a different allignment/profile for the bottom of the U channel that can then link to the other assembly?

The only other think I can think of is to use a dynamic block to add the U channel to my cross sections, but that will take a lot of time to do.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: brianzimmerman

From the back of sidewalk you can use for example a generic link width and slope. This can target both an alignment and profile of your choice. This will get you a sloped line to the inside bottom of your U ditch. Add more generic links as required to finish the ditch. Complete it with a generic link slope to surface.

Should be very easy.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: brianzimmerman

You shouldn't need a custom sub to do this.  At least one of the OOTB daylight subs can have a ditch that is controlled by a profile.  Check the help files for DaylightBasin, see if that will work for you.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report