Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create points on LHS alignment w.r.t the main centreline alignment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gary.chan.kc
293 Views, 3 Replies

Create points on LHS alignment w.r.t the main centreline alignment

As subject.

I want to create point along the LHS kerb at 5m chainage interval with reference to the centreline alignment.
I created an imaginary illustration sketch below.

Please help.

SNAG_2013-02-21_14-03-26_0000.png

Gary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: gary.chan.kc

Create an assembly with two LinkWidthAndSlope subassemblies.  Use that to create a temporary corridor along the centerline at 5m intervals.  The two subs are targeted horizontally to the offset alignments, so that it creates featurelines which follow them.  Extract the featurelines, trim away the excess pieces and then use the Create Points Automatic command.

PS: Welcome to the board.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
gary.chan.kc
in reply to: sboon

Thanks SBoon.

Although it is complicated as compared with Inroads, it works.  The workflow between Civil 3D and Inroads are listed below:

Civil 3D workflow: create a dummy surface > form profile > assign dummy design profile > create assembly > form corridor > create feature line > create points.

Inroads workflow: Use "station base" function > select the alignments and done with report.

One further question:

How can I tabulate the station and offset values to each point in the point table?

(I know the way to generate html table with "Station offset to points" function...  I don't want to type them manually...)

The result is showed below.

SNAG_2013-02-22_10-03-14_0001.png

Thanks.

Gary

Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: gary.chan.kc

A couple of shortcuts to your process.

• Forget the dummy surface.
  • Create profile view using automatic settings, don't worry about elevations etc.
  • Create layout profile - don't create any profile elements, all you need is the profile name as a placeholder.
  • Create assembly, corridor, featureline, points etc.

If you use the reporting tool to produce a station & offset listing you can copy everything in that report to the clipboard and then paste it into Excel or a document, for editing or formatting.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report