Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create feature line from object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IanMcClain
334 Views, 2 Replies

Create feature line from object

I use the create feature lines from object command from the Survey pull-down menu and choose a "Associate figure survey point to verticies" I get a survey figure that uses point elevations at some vertieces and 0 at others. However, if I use Create Feature Lines from Objects under the Grading pull-down, and use a surface made of just the points, I get a a figure with all the correct elevations.

I checked the vertices where the survey figure drops to 0 and the line is snapped to the point, distance = 0.0000. What gives?

Ian McClain
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SethHall
in reply to: IanMcClain

I tested this in a newer version than 2010 and it seems to work fine, but I may be missing something. Does it happen with all data or just a specific drawing?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 3
IanMcClain
in reply to: SethHall

This was the first time I have had it happen. I think it may be caused by re-importing survey events. Somehow that breaks the asociation between the snapped poly-line and the point. However, all my points are "at-elevation" set to 0. I assumed that the create featureline from object had some kind of tolerance to associate the verticies with nearby points. In this case the verticies with resulting 0 elevations are still right on the re-imported survey points. (re-import occured before the figure was made, but after the polyline was made.)

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report