Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and label points with chainage along a polyline

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
autoMick
6150 Views, 6 Replies

Create and label points with chainage along a polyline

Hi, I have polyline for which I want to create a number of points at equal intervals (as well as a few specific locations). I then want to export the points to Excel with the x,y coordinates as well as the chainage distances from.

I've tried creating an alignment and then using create points/measure at to create the points - works well. But I'm stuck on how to add the chainage distance into the point descriptions How do I do it?

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: autoMick

@autoMick wrote:

But I'm stuck on how to add the chainage distance into the point descriptions How do I do it?

Thanks

- Mick

In the Create Points settings, Points Creation->Prompt for Descriptions=Automatic-Object

This will add the alignment name and station to the point's description.

5-21-2014 6-06-56 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
autoMick
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff, that does it - so simple!

Is it possible to customise the automatic description? I get points labelled as CL-1 450.344, whereas I'd like to get rid of the CL-1 prefix and convert the chainage to km instead of m (with less decimals)... The work around that I have now is just to export to excel then clean it up there, but it would be nice to get the output directly for c3d

Regards

- Mick

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza

No garauntee but thet label composer probably has settings for that

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

I don't know of any way to affect the Automatic Description...it uses the Alignment Name & Station/Chainage. To chnage the staion units, set the drawing's ambient setting for Station to kilometer. To remove the Alignment name you should be able to use the method I outline here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Edit-Point-Descriptions/td-p/5046776/jump-to/...

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
autoMick
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks - that helps heaps... I think I'm all sorted out now.

Regards

- Mick

Message 7 of 7
dhirajgoel88

How to Chainage Mark in Autocad, along with center line (RHS and LHS should be chosen by us). and tick should be the arrow line. i have attached the sample screen shot, please help me for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report