Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a surface from points in with different x,y and z coordinates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smileyours
578 Views, 3 Replies

Create a surface from points in with different x,y and z coordinates

I have created a 3D-image of 23 different drillholes, drawn as cylinders. The holes start at different elevation and finish at diferent elevation. Now I want to create a 3D surface of the actual rock surface. I've tried to draw polylines between the points and create a surface from that but the program complains about the lines being in different UCS.

How can I go about doing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smileyours
in reply to: smileyours

Maybe i should mention that I am using Civil 3D 2009

Message 3 of 4
LisaPohlmeyer

Perhaps this will help, check out the article on page 28.

http://www.augi.com/publications/default.asp?page=63

Message 4 of 4
stacy.dunn

There are a couple of different ways you could do this.  The simplest would be to set points at each xyz and create a surface from them.  I would use point groups to make adding the correct points to each surface easier.

If you have the coordinate data and depth information you can create separate point files for each strata layer you need a surface for.  You can then use User Defined properties, custom point formats and point group overrides to create the point groups needed for your surfaces.

The errors you are getting from your polylines are because they are extruded to the current ucs.  To remove the extrusion, you can use the Mirror 3D command and select the object option.

Stacy Dunn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report