Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Surface from 3D data

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
s_hutchison
735 Views, 2 Replies

Create Surface from 3D data

I am working in Civils 3D 2014 and I have a survey with points already on the correct elevation layer, I have tried creating a surface from this but it does not show up.

My process:

I create a new drawing and insert a block (my topo survey) and click explode when I do this

- I create the surface by TIN and make sure I have the correct layer for the points that I am selecting

- Click ok

- Then go into that surface and turn on all layers and refresh - still nothing

- I also made sure that my surface style was 1m contours so I would definately see this 

Any ideas?  I am very new to all this!

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: s_hutchison

Do you have a TXT or CSV file of the points? If so you can import them as Cogo Points or attach the file to your Surface.

If not you'll have to create the Surface from Drawing Objects and select the point blocks.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
gccdaemon
in reply to: AllenJessup

Or you can throw your hands in the air scream at the computer, quit your job and relocate to Sri Lanka. Although the previous statement sounds a little less problematic. Have a great Halloween!

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report