Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing when inserting image

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nicole.h
3719 Views, 2 Replies

Crashing when inserting image

I have AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, I have updated both updates and the AutoCAD Raster Design 2011 Object Enabler, but I am having some serious issues with attaching raster images, PDFs, JPEGs and the like. When I do try to insert it, it crashes...every single time. I can't figure out why this is happening. 

I'm open to any possible solutions.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LeafRiders
in reply to: nicole.h

There is a couple different ways to bring in imagery. You can drag and drop from your image file location (I tend to do this most with PDFs). If you have something that's orthorectified (with a world file) type in MAPIINSERT (with two "I" s). From there you can select your image and your Map 3D or Civil 3D will then give you additional options to bring in the image.

From a workflow standpoint create a drawing file for your "imagery" and xref it to all your main drawings. When you're in your working drawing you can "UNLOAD" your XREF and work away without dealing with regen. Another option is to type REGENAUTO and set this to "OFF" and this will prevent some of the automated regens from happening. When you do have this set to OFF you need to Regen or Regenall when jumping from layout to layout etc. I reset my RE keyboard quick key to REA (Regenall) for this reason alone, as you need to regenall with REGENAUTO set to OFF.

If you are still crashing you likely need to check on your computer settings, min. RAM, and check your hardware acceleration and tuning settings, there is likely something that could be adjusted. Video card could be a problem.

Hope that helps... Good Luck!

Message 3 of 3
bixlert
in reply to: nicole.h

I am having the same issue as Nicole with AutoCad Civil 3D 2011 and images. I've tried several clean installs and updtaed the video driver and still have the issue. I have Civil 3D 2012 and 2013 on the same workstation and images work fine. Another thing i've noticed, if I copy and paste an image from another drawing it will not crash. It only crashes using the MAPIINSERT command or adding an image through the XREF dialog. Also, the size of the image file does not matter, every image file causes a crash.

Windows 7  -  64 bit

8GB Ram

Intel i7 2.93 Ghz

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 SP-2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report