Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing... surfaces.... blah blah.. Nothing new...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
62 Views, 0 Replies

Crashing... surfaces.... blah blah.. Nothing new...

Disclaimer: Sharing a story I find humorous - no help/solution is required and no flaming from Autodesk affiliates please!! I'm not using the "look how pretty this it" command they use to sell it - this is actual work
=================================================

This is the best "feature" I've found to date...

So I crashed (again). Surprisingly, I got a recovery file that was actually able to be recovered!!! Happy enough with small miracles. So i open the file using the "Recovery Wizard" and it tells me my previously fine drawing now has 4000+ errors in it, and asks me if i want to cancel open so i can recover it.. So i click yes, and it crashes while its cancelling this before i'm even able to click "File". LOL - hats off again to autodesk...

Switch to second Civil (i run a second in the background so i dont have to wait for one to finish crashing) and recover this file. Finds and "fixes" a ton of errors, and i notice some surface labels are gone. Not a big deal until i notice that its not the labels... its the entire surface that i've been working on for days... It's really hard to get anything done between crashes, so rolling back half an hour of work to get my surface back is no big deal.

Can't wait to see the new crashe... i mean features in '08. Cheers!
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report