Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing during Wblock or Copyclip

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
rkmcswain
1836 Views, 12 Replies

Crashing during Wblock or Copyclip

C3D 2011 / Update 2

I have noticed about a 50/50 chance of crashing when using Copyclip or Wblock, and the selection includes C3D objects (feature lines, etc.). Sometimes when I Wblock out, no file is written, then if I try to repeat it, there is about a 99% chance that is will crash on the repeat try.

Anyone else notice this?

I found one old similar thread with no replies.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/C3D-2009-wblock-crashing/m-p/2386700

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
cwright
in reply to: rkmcswain

I too had the same problem... was wblocking a group of profiles and would get a not responding message from Civil 3d 2012.   I tried a fourth time and waited for bout 10 minutes and it worked.      So maybe it's not an issue opther than it takes a while... I'll switch to decaf!

Message 3 of 13
Karen_Dowling

Hi,

I would be interested in speaking with you about your crashes.

Are you sending in Customer Error Reports?

Would you be able to send me a file that I could reproduce your issue with?

Let me know...

Karen Dowling

Sr QA Analyst,

Autodesk, Inc.

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
Message 4 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: Karen_Dowling

Removing Xrefs before Wblock has worked for me in the past

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 13

Hi Karen,

Any chance you could help me out with a similar problem?

Here's the thing, I'm using AutoCAD map 3d 2012, and when I copyclip something from a one file to another, CAD crashes. I don't think that this has anything to do with the ammount of information I'm trying to copy (ex: lines, plines, hatch, blocks and text), since I've copied bigger ammounts of information in earlier versions and it worked peferctly.

Any help form anyone is more thean welcome!

Regards,

Paulo

Message 6 of 13

I've justo noticed in one of many attempts to copyclip the selection to another drawing file that CAD only crashes when the lineweight display is on, otherwise it manages to copy (dispite being a slower process than earlier versions) and paste in other files.

May this be a bug in CAD map 3d 2012???

Message 7 of 13
Karen_Dowling

Hi Paulo,

Absolutely, I am installing Map 3D 2012 right now and will attempt to Copyclip with the lineweight display on.   I tried this in Civil 3D 2012 (built on Map) and I can copy paste with Lineweight display on without issue (using a simple pline).

Possible for me to get hold of the file you are using and point me to the entity you are messing with?

karen.dowling@autodesk.com

Thanks!

Karen

Karen Dowling
Sr. Quality Analyst
Autodesk, Inc
Message 8 of 13
csevers

I amexperiencing the same issue in Civil 3D 2013 (both with or without service pack).

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 9 of 13
trip.stakem
in reply to: csevers

I keep getting the same fatal error at the end of a wblock. It says: 

FATA ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation REading 0xfffffff Exception at 30e3c3b9h.

I've tried removing all X-refs and reinstalling AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 and still get same issue.

Could really use some help with this one. 

Tags (2)
Message 10 of 13
trip.stakem
in reply to: Karen_Dowling

Karen,

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm still having problems. Now it's copy/clip too. 

Trip

Message 11 of 13
Renbrig
in reply to: trip.stakem

This needs to be resolved.  I am still crashing every time I try to take one thing from the file I am working in and put it into another file.

Message 12 of 13
robertoscalzullo
in reply to: Renbrig

I am experiencing the same problem.

Any solution or denial of this issue?

Message 13 of 13
nardobarrini!
in reply to: Renbrig

Hi,

I don't know if this'll help, but try giving it a shot. Save a copy of the file you want to copy from, clean it up from all the elements that you don't need to export to another file, use purge command to clean of all unnecessary data, and save again. 

Try copying from the new file created.

Hope this help's!

Paulo Caldas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report