Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashin n Hangin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MaryBell1
346 Views, 7 Replies

Crashin n Hangin

I'm hoping someone can help me with a system problem. I keep crashing, I went through this before and though it was resolved by changing my OS to windows 7 and upgrading my video card. It seemed ok for awhile and now its crashing and getting hung up when I pan. We through another 8 gigs of ram in it and it didn't help. It will hang for about 30 - 60 seconds not only in Civil 3D but the entire system. A service pack update was installed but it didnt' help either.

I have attached my specs and as far as I can tell my hardware is adequate... any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: MaryBell1

What version and Service Pack of Civil 3D?

All drawings or certain drawings?

Does it have the same lag using the OOTB C3D user profiles?

Has the Temp folder been cleaned out recently?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
rkmcswain

Crashing is one thing, but "hanging" is another. There are a lot of things that can cause it to hang up, most notably when C3D (via the O/S) is looking for a network or removable resource that it can't find.

But you say this happens when you PAN? Have you disabled hardware acceleration?

What version and SP level C3D are you using?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 8
MaryBell1
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay....

-I am using 2014 SP2

-All Drawings

-I'm not sure about the OOTB profiles, I  haven't customized anything so I believe that's what I'm using???

-Have never cleaned the Temp folder..will do it now!

rkmcswain.....

- I searched through all the Search paths, file an,es and locations in Options, everything is local. We have a server where our drawings are stored but we have single users licenses.

- I tried to disable  hardware acceleration but it is grayed out so I'm trying to see how or if I can in my AMP Firepro settings. I fee like I did this a while back to help resolve issues but it may have been prior to my 2nd video card upgrade...

Thanks so much for you help!

Message 5 of 8
HansSMS

Sometimes computers get into a non-cooperative mode or mood. There will be an icon the middle of your screen at these times, which if you can make it visible, looks something like the attached image.....
Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 6 of 8
HansSMS
in reply to: HansSMS

This time with attachment..
Hans Moller
Gladstone Australia
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 7 of 8
HansSMS

What's with the system? When i click Options I normally get to edit my last post, all that happens now is I go to the top of the current page. Can't attach any files either, although it all loooks good in the preview, when I hit post there is no attchement. Apologies for a meaningless post.
Hans Moller
Gladstone Australia
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 8 of 8
Discussion_Admin

Sorry for the issues you are having.

Please make sure you are not running IE Compatibility mode. Try pressing the F12 key to check.

Also check and make sure that you are not blocking java scripts from addthis .com and autodesk.com.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report