Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash-Not Loading- Freeze-Opening Drawing/ Civil 3D-2012-x64

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
phareouh
930 Views, 7 Replies

Crash-Not Loading- Freeze-Opening Drawing/ Civil 3D-2012-x64

Hi there,

i usually get stock at this screen , usually what happen is i click "Continue" and it load the Helpvideo screen and i start working but now nothing ... just nothing 

when i had this before i try to restart smetimesitworksometimes it's just load me the Autocad 2012 "Non-Civil3D" .

hope for your help

Regards

Yeah Will Not that much :
Sony VPCCW26FA
Intel Core i5 M 520 @ 2.40GHz
8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512MB Dedicated
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
owenmull
in reply to: phareouh

@phareouh wrote:

Hi there,

i usually get stock at this screen , usually what happen is i click "Continue" and it load the Helpvideo screen and i start working but now nothing ... just nothing 

when i had this before i try to restart smetimesitworksometimes it's just load me the Autocad 2012 "Non-Civil3D" .

hope for your help

Regards

I dont see a problem at all.

You are opening a drawing not created in the free student edition of Autocad that always plots with a stamp on it. You can still do most anything you want, but cant really plot or transmit anything.

As far as the error goes, what exactly is the problem? It is freezing up after you continue? Wont save? 

Some more details could be helpful.

If it wont open, I'd suggest running recover on it, and then an audit and a '-purge' Try that.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Ah sorry , The Thing is It freeze and i can't click " Contiune" even the click icon is not highlighted.

So it Freeze on that basies and i  don't crash and my Windows doesn't tell me it's not resposing ,

and pease note that only the C3D is the freeze part the other windows application ar doing Fine.

Sony VPCCW26FA
8192MB RAM
Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

do you have a process called WsCommCntr* running active? If so try to kill this process (in the taskmanager).

Does Civil3D then return to life?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
phareouh
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yeah a Bit Laggy But it worked , how to fix that in the future ?!

Sony VPCCW26FA
8192MB RAM
Message 6 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> But it worked

Great, so you have a chance now: search for disabling communication center (>>>one sample of how to do that<<<) and you would not have this problem any more. Be careful when doing a repair-install or a servicepack-install, then you might have to disable it again.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 8
phareouh
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Be careful when doing a repair-install or a servicepack-install, then you might have to disable it again.

- alfred -

Du you mean : enable?

Sony VPCCW26FA
8192MB RAM
Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

besides of the language I use (German) this screenshot shows you where to find the entry in the registry for Civil3D2012:

>> Du you mean : enable?

No, I meant really 'disable'.

If you install a servicepack the commcntr is back alive, so you have to disable it again (after installing sp)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report