Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt and/or missing Sites features keep disapearing after AUDIT

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
384 Views, 2 Replies

Corrupt and/or missing Sites features keep disapearing after AUDIT

Hi, All.

I am using C3D with Features in it. Every time I get to a certain point with a model using feature lines, the file sites start becoming unstable, and the session starts crashing more frequently. This happens at some point with every project I do, and am forced to eventually explode all the features into 3Dpolylines as I just keep losing too much work otherwise. When I use the AUDIT command, a great deal of the feature lines will simply disappear. I can retrieve them with the QSELECT command, but when I PASTE them into a new file, the corresponding sites they belong to do not appear, >site>refresh, nothing works. XLANDXMLOUT will only export an empty file. When I RECOVER the file, the feature lines simply disappear and cannot be retrieved even with QSELECT.  To summarize, I beleive the core of the problem is that the features are visible, I can even select the features and move them individually (a pain) to corresponding neighboring sites, All but 2 of which will not show up on prospector of the sample file attached. Any help would be great, as its been haunting us for years, and generally, changes how everyone here works with C3D, as features are generally avoided for this reason.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike McWilliams

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MehwashAbbas-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

I have not seen the exact problem that you are having in your dwg, but you might want to read these:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Strange-SITE-name/td-p/4916230

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Odd-Error-with-styles/m-p/4856533/highlight/t...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hot...

In reference to the first two links, try naming the feature lines (i know, also a pain). That seems to reduce the problem with feature lines.

The third link is for the DGN Hotfix. The drawing you posted can be reduced by half the size with DGNPURGE. Unfortunately, that does not solve the disappearing feature line problem.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks to all the users who have provided me a great deal well on this particular issue however I have been using simple 3-D 2016 for a couple months now I know I have failed to replicate this problem looks like I don't task has finally nailed a very serious bug once and for all. Way to go Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report