Mentor
Nik-D
Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)
Accepted Solution

Corridor surface won't form correctly

263 Views, 2 Replies
07-28-2013 08:12 AM

Hi all,

I have been banging my head against a wall for a while now trying to get this corridor surface to form properly. It wont seem to triangulate properly from where I have copied the intersection into the East-West corridor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

NIk

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: Corridor surface won't form correctly

07-28-2013 10:37 AM in reply to: Nik-D

In the following image, I've issolated one baseline.

The issue you are having is you are adding featurelines from this baseline and they will connect from one side to the next. If you need to add featurelines, you'll need to break this up into two baselines (same for the other cross street).

For your corridor, you can get away with just adding the top links and no featurelines. If you corridor has an irregular cross section at some point (such as a widening or narrowing) then you'll need to add in the featurelines.

HERE is your drawing the way I would do it.

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Corridor surface won't form correctly

07-28-2013 11:30 AM in reply to: Nik-D

Cheers I see whay you have done. I did not realise that by putting the TOP link it puts in the top links of all the subassembly parts. I thought yu had to individually specify which bits you wanted. This has made my life a lot easier.

Cheers

Nik

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs