Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface strangeness...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tmcmannis
672 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor surface strangeness...

Hi everyone. I have a realtively simple corridor runnning through a site that is somposed of an alignment, profile, and fairly simple assembly with two lanes of pavement, curb and gutter, a link for shoulder, and a daylight. As the corridor runs along my horizontal curves it appears to do some strange cross tinning in the corridor surface. The edges of pavement do target some feature lines, but even if I remove those and just target a 2D polyline I get the same strangeness. See images attached. Any idea what Im doing wrong here? Thanks.

assembly.jpgobject viewer

-Tristan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: tmcmannis

The images in your post are distorted in my view, makes it hard to see what's going on.  Can you upload the drawing so that we can take a look at it?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
tmcmannis
in reply to: sboon

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately I cannot upload the file as it is confidential. However, I've been able to reduce the artificating that occurs along the curb by increasing the frequency to 1', but its making for a pretty dense and heavy model.

Message 4 of 7
tyronebk

As Steve said it is tough to figure out what's going on, but have you tried adding the curb (lip, face, top, back) feature lines to the corridor surface? This often helps to control TIN lines that cross unexpectedly.
Message 5 of 7
tmcmannis
in reply to: tyronebk

Thanks Tyrone, that did the trick. However, now Im having a new issue...My corridor is broken into two regions, and the second region is not generating a surface like the first region. It initially was working, but at some point last night the contours for the surface dissappeared. Now if I look at the corridor in Object Viewer everyting looks OK, but the surface is not there. Im guessing at some point it was user error on my part. I've tried recreating the corridor surface from scratch and still no luck. Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: sboon

Steve:

I don't think this will help any, but when I "opened image in a new tab" the distortion went away.  I haven't seen this before.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
tyronebk

Without seeing the drawing I can only speculate on a few potential problems: - a boundary is cropping off the surface in the second region (but if you recreated the surface and see the same result this likely isn't it) - a link code was removed from a subassembly that was being used to create the surface

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report