Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface is not matching corridor top links

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
5040 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor surface is not matching corridor top links

My corridor surface is not matching my corridor top links.  see attachments and please advise.  this is affecting my volumes!

the section-plan(surface red).png is showing the section editor and the plan view.  the red highlighted line in section is the corridor surface and as you can see in plan view the surface is incorrect and wiggly.

the pdf is all my sections with the red linework being the corridor surface.

Please adivse asap.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Yvonne

www.PowerCAD.net

C3D ver 2012

Win 7, 64bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

When you created the Top surface in corridor properties_surface tab, did you specify "Top Links" for "Overhang Correction"?

What subassemblies are in use?

"this is affecting my volumes!"

Your also going to want to create a "Datum" surface to get accurate volumes that take into account / subtract from excavation the proposed section. (For this datum corridor surface you'll use "bottom links" for overhang correction.)

Then calculate your volumes between the EG & The Datum. (this of course assumes no stripping or other fancy earthwork needs).

Hope this helps.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
owenmull

Using the proper Overhang Corrections should slove this issue. In your PNG image, you have two points containing the same X coordinate (ie vertical link). If you fail to specify Overhang Correction to either Top or Bottom links, C3D draws the limit of the surface to the end of the following connected link, which is why in this case instead of going straight vertical, over, and then up at a 2:1, it went down to the end of that link, then connected to your catch point.

For your top surface, add the top links (ie any link on the top of your surface) and set your overhang correction. You may want to be careful that the links you set to Top are only drawn on the top within the subassembly. For example, you have a box, (representing a roadway) and you have daylight slopes to existing ground. My Top links would be the top of the box and the left and right daylight links. My Bottom (or Datum) links would be the bottom of the box plus the sides. 

Using this approach will ensure an accurate volume comparision.

HTH

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Dear Ivonne,

Kindly set your corridor frequencies to 25.

>Corridor properties

>Set all frequency

>along tangent = 25

>curve increments = 25

>along spirals = 25

>along profile curves = 25

Pls notify the forum if this proffered solution to the problem.

Regards,

Igwilo K. C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report