Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor surface boundary

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
181 Views, 3 Replies

Corridor surface boundary

Hi,

I am having some problems applying the boundary for the corridor surface as per attached file.
Is just a simple test for a drain design.
As soon as you add the feature lines from the codes to build the surface from the corridor the triangles go crazy......and then I cannot get the boundary to work.
Can you please have a look and possible explain to me why the automatic feature for the boundary doesn't work.

Thank you,

Florin
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We took a look at the drawing and the corridor problems you noted below. The baseline alignment used for the corridor is composed of a series of very short tangents that are resulting in a tolerance related problem at station 2+50. It probably isn't necessary to apply the corridor assembly at each and every horizontal alignment geometry point. Try the following from within the Corridor Properties dialog box: 1) On the Corridor Properties > Parameter tab, click on the "25..." cell under the Frequency column and change: "At horizontal geometry points = No", "At superelevation critical points = No", and "At profile geometry points = No". 2) On the same tab, change the Along tangents, curves and spirals station intervals from 25.000m to 5.000m 3) Click ok on the "Frequency to Apply Assemblies" dialog box. 4) On the Corridor Properties > Surfaces tab, select the corridor surface you've already created, and then delete it using the red X on the right. Recreate a new surface using the first button, and then specify the data to add to the surface as "Data Type: Links" and "Specify Code: Top", and press the "+" button. 5) On the Corridor Properties > Boundaries tab, right click on the surface name in the cell under the name column, and select "Add Automatically > Daylight" (this uses the "Daylight" feature line on each side of the baseline as the outer boundary of the surface.) You should end up with a decent corridor surface after Ok'ing out of the Corridor Properties dialog box. - tmi "Pamfi" wrote in message news:32794622.1106635774637.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I am having some problems applying the boundary for the corridor surface > as per attached file. > Is just a simple test for a drain design. > As soon as you add the feature lines from the codes to build the surface > from the corridor the triangles go crazy......and then I cannot get the > boundary to work. > Can you please have a look and possible explain to me why the automatic > feature for the boundary doesn't work. > > Thank you, > > Florin
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for your ideeas.
I will give it a try and let you know.

Regards,

Florin
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you very much!
It worked!

Florin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report